IPL, photo rejuvenation, Photofacial – all of these terms describe what is formally known as Intense Pulse Light treatments.
IPL treatments are a non–invasive alternative for a variety of skin treatments used for conditions on the chest, face, hands and neck, including:
- Sun damage
- Broken capillaries
- Age spots
- Brown spots
- Red or ruddy skin
- The signs of aging go beyond fine lines and wrinkles. Photo damage is the result of a lifetime of ultraviolet light exposure. IPL Treatments take only a few minutes and are usually quite painless. The sensation of a mild brief pinching sensation is sometimes felt.
- Beginning with your first treatment, your skin will have a more even tone, with a smoother look and feel. Sunspots will fade, pore size will shrink, and fine wrinkle lines are reduced. Skin redness, flushing and dilated capillaries gradually decrease. IPL Photofacial treatments offer a very high measure of patient satisfaction. A recent study showed that 96% of IPL photofacial clients would recommend the treatment to others. Begin your series today and restore natural beauty to your skin with no downtime!
- Immediately following an IPL Photofacial, a patient is free to resume his or her daily activities. Each IPL Photofacial treatments is conveniently quick and takes only about fifteen to twenty minutes from start to finish. For this reason, many patients seamlessly integrate their IPL Photofacial into their lives by getting treatments during their lunch hour.
- For successful elimination of redness, sun spots and old acne scars, a patient will likely require multiple IPL Photofacial treatments. The Photofacial can truly create a marked difference in the patient’s skin over time, since the skin continues to improve for weeks after the actual IPL treatment.
- Photofacial lights which penetrates deep below the skin’s surface to help start the production of new collagen and other connective tissues. This process leaves the skin rejuvenated and smooth, starting from the very first treatment.