Lipo Light Treatment
Lipo-Light is the latest body shaping system offers the quickest and best way of controlling body shape using Light Therapy plus exercise.
LipoLight uses LED light to help naturally slim, shape and tone areas including the waist, hips, thighs and upper arms. The light emitted from Lipo-Light causes the fat cell membranes to temporarily alter the permeability of the cell. This brief change allows the fat contents to seep out from the cell into the interstitial space from where it can be processed by the lymphatic system.
The heat and unique wavelength (635nm) of the light stimulates fat cells to release energy that is then easily metabolized. The process is similar to when your body enters the “fat burning” stage of a good cardiovascular workout. It also increases collagen and elastin in the skin while creating a slimmer appearance. It’s completely safe, painless and non-invasive.
Lipo-Light comes equipped with 8 or 16 pads, enabling maximum results from each treatment. Depending on the area of the body receiving treatment, it is recommended that between 4 and 8 treatment pads are used at any one time over each treatment area. The pads are free moving and held in place against the area to be treated by an adjustable strap. During the treatment, the pads are held directly against the skin for maximum effect. Treatments last for a period of up to 20 minutes and the recommended number of treatments in any course of Lipo-Light is two per week, thus completing a full inch loss course over a 4 weeks’ period. After treatment, exercise is essential to create the demand for energy which can now be met by the temporarily released fat, completing the inch loss process.
After the intensive 4 weeks course, the client can follow one of 2 treatment paths:
- Return for a weekly maintenance treatment
- Focus on another body area for a new intensive 4 weeks’ treatment after 2 weeks.
What happens to the fat? After being released, triglycerides are broken down into free fatty acids and glycerol and enter the blood stream. Once in the blood stream, several things may occur:
- Some of the free fatty acids are readily available to be used as fuel by the body during exercise.
- What is not consumed as energy will get to the liver where it will either be oxidized or re-processed for storage. It is unknown how much gets oxidized versus re-stored, but results suggest that fat does indeed get oxidized (no visible or measurable redistribution of fat in the treated areas)
What results can I expect? Individuals have lost anywhere from two inches to six inches* over a course of treatments. To maximise the chances of your clients responding, three things are important:
- As a rule, sick clients should not be treated. Wait until the condition has improved. Clients who have a condition listed in the contraindications document should not be treated.
- Hydration is critical. Drink plenty of water (ideally at least 8 glasses of 8 oz of water) spread out throughout the day. Diuretics (coffee, alcohol, etc.) are discouraged.
- The lymphatic system should be mobilized. Post treatment exercise is essential. The client must be encouraged to be active and burn 350 calories every day during their choice of cardio exercise.
*Individual results vary and are not guaranteed.
How deep does Lipo-Light affect fat cells? Penetration depth is 10 to 12 mm. The Lipo-Light consists of sixteen pads that each contain 28 ultra-bright diodes. Each pad has an optical output of 450mw per pad.
How is Lipo-Light different than liposuction? Liposuction is an invasive procedure involving the mechanical removal of fat cells. By contrast, Lipo-Light is completely non-invasive and only affects fat cells temporarily. Lipo-Light does not compete with liposuction; it is simply a body shaping option available to clients who do not wish to undergo a surgical procedure.
Does Lipo-Light help with loose skin? Anecdotal evidence suggests that clients undergoing Lipo-Light have noticed an improvement in skin tone and texture.
Does Lipo-Light improve the appearance of cellulite? Anecdotal evidence suggests that clients undergoing Lipo-Light have noticed an improvement in the appearance of cellulite.